Effect of shoes, insoles and orthotic devices
Here you can find a list of published articles of studies regarding the effect of shoes, insoles and orthotic devices in which the footscan® system was used.
Effect of shoes
- The effect of shoe toe box shape and volume on forefoot interdigital and plantar pressures in healthy females.
Branthwaite, H., Chockalingam, N., & Greenhalgh, A. (2013), Journal of Foot and Ankle Research, 6(1), 28. Full article
- The impact of different footwear characteristics, of a ballet flat pump, on centre of pressure progression and perceived comfort.
Branthwaite, H., Chockalingam, N., Greenhalgh, A., & Chatzistergos, P. (2014), Foot, 24(3), 116–122. View abstract
- Professional footwear evaluation for clinical nurses.
Chiu, M. C., & Wang, M. J. J. (2007), Applied Ergonomics, 38, 133–141. View abstract
- The effects of habitual footwear use: foot shape and function in native barefoot walkers.
D’AoÛt, K., Pataky, T. C., De Clercq, D., & Aerts, P. (2009), Footwear Science, 1, 81–94. View abstract
- The effects of standard issue Royal Marine recruit footwear on risk factors associated with third metatarsal stress fractures.
Nunns, M., Stiles, V., & Dixon, S. (2012), Footwear Science, 4, 59–70. View abstract
- The influence of shoe design on plantar pressures in neuropathic feet.
Praet, S. F. E., & Louwerens, J. W. K. (2003), Diabetes Care, 26(2), 441–445. View abstract
- Adaptations in plantar-flexor performance and length-tension relationship following a transition from shod to barefoot running.
Samarawickrame, S. D., Hashish, R., Gaur, K., & Salem, G. (2013), Footwear Science, 5, S79–S81. View abstract
- Plantar pressure distribution and footwear design.
Shorten, M. (2009), Footwear Science, 1, 88–90. View abstract
- The potential influence of the heel counter on internal stress during static standing: A combined finite element and positional MRI investigation.
Spears, I. R., Miller-Young, J. E., Sharma, J., Ker, R. F., & Smith, F. W. (2007), Journal of Biomechanics, 40, 2774–2780. View abstract
- Kinetic assessment of golf shoe outer sole design features.
Worsfold, P., Smith, N. a., & Dyson, R. J. (2009), Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 8, 607–615. View abstract
Effect of insoles
- The influence of different in-shoe inserts on the plantar pressure during the gait of healthy elderly people.
Castro, M. P., Soares, D., Mendes, E., & Machado, L. (2012), Gait & Posture, 36(2012), S16. View abstract
- Effect of Functional Knee Brace and Lateral Wedge Insole in Management of Patients with Osteoarthritic Knee.
Hsieh, C. J., Kuo, F. L., Yang, S. W., & Hsieh, L. F. (2007), Journal of Biomechanics, 40(July), S449. Full article
- Influence of wedges on lower limbs’ kinematics and net joint moments during healthy elderly gait using principal component analysis.
Soares, D. P., de Castro, M. P., Mendes, E., & Machado, L. (2014), Human Movement Science, 38, 319–330. View abstract
- Plantar pressure with and without custom insoles in patients with common foot complaints.
Stolwijk, N. M., Louwerens, J. W. K., Nienhuis, B., Duysens, J., & Keijsers, N. L. W. (2011), Foot & Ankle International / American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society [and] Swiss Foot and Ankle Society, 32, 57–65. View abstract
- Influence of in-shoe heel lifts on plantar pressure and center of pressure in the medial-lateral direction during walking.
Zhang, X., & Li, B. (2014), Gait and Posture, 39, 1012–1016. View abstract
Effect of orthotic devices
- Influence of orthotic devices prescribed using pressure data on lower extremity kinematics and pressures beneath the shoe during running.
Dixon, S. J., & McNally, K. (2008), Clinical Biomechanics, 23, 593–600. View abstract
- Generation of subject-specific, dynamic, multisegment ankle and foot models to improve orthotic design: a feasibility study.
Oosterwaal, M., Telfer, S., Tørholm, S., Carbes, S., van Rhijn, L. W., Macduff, R., … Woodburn, J. (2011), BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 12(1), 256. View abstract
- The effect of gait velocity on calcaneal balance at heel strike; Implications for orthotic prescription in injury prevention.
Shanthikumar, S., Low, Z., Falvey, E., McCrory, P., & Franklyn-Miller, A. (2010), Gait and Posture, 31, 9–12. View abstract
- Foot orthoses and dental appliances-Is there a relationship?
Sloss, R., Chockalingam, N., Yule, E., Dunning, D., & Pandyan, A. (2009), Foot, 19, 145–148. View abstract